It’s World Water Week!
With the recent water crisis we are experiencing, awareness around water conservation could not be more vital! Water is our most precious resource; everything relies on it. So it’s imperative that we do our part in conserving it. Water week is happening on the 20th to 27th March 2018, and focuses on making every effort to save our water.
As global citizens it is our duty to protect our most valuable resource.
Let It Grow Foundation does their best to be as environmentally conscious as possible, and recommend doing the following to help:
- Ditch the bottled water – it takes 3 litres of tap water to make one litre of bottled water
- Turn off the tap while brushing your teeth and save 9 litres
- Shower rather than bath and put a bucket in the shower to capture water to use for other things like watering plants
- Change to a water-efficient showerhead and halve your consumption
- Use a pool cover to reduce evaporation
- Fix leaky taps – even a slow drip can waste 30 litres a day
- Only use your dishwasher when its full
- If you fill two sinks; one with soapy water and one with warm water for rinsing, this will use less water than a dishwasher
- Minimise how often you wash your car
- Plant a water-wise garden with indigenous drought-resistant plants
- Water your garden after 6pm to avoid evaporation
- Use a watering can to make sure the water goes where it’s needed
Share your water-wise tips with us so that we can all do everything we can to save as much water as possible!